I started on this post well before the 14-month update, but due to my mom being in the hospital, this post never got finished. Then, I wrote it and half of it disappeared. I’m tired, so here’s what you get…..
The fun continues at 14 months old! Natalie is definitely a toddler. Some recent favs:
- Her ability to understand language. We were reading a favorite book – How do I love you? – the other day, and Jordan and I were very impressed that when we ask, “Where is the bird?” she was able to point to it.
- Her growing vocabulary. New words include cheese and uva (grape in Spanish). She is also terrific at animal sounds. She’s tried snake, bear, lion, monkey, elephant, and pig.
- Her cuddles. Natalie likes the 3-second cuddle – this morning, I was a lucky recipent of a cuddle. Some objects of her cuddle are obvious – stuffed animal, Mousey blanket, etc – but others are surprising and seemingly un-cuddable – remote control, wash cloth, crib rail, Dad’s electric shaver.
- Pointing. She loves the double finger point.
- Tickling. She likes to be tickled. She lifts up her neck to encourage just a slight touch under her chin, laughs and squirms, and then does it again.
- Playing pretend and initiating games. She likes to play cupcakes and kitchen.
- Being chased. She likes being chased and then tickled. She’ll even stop to make sure you are coming after her – or to let you catch her.
- Walking – almost! Her favorite is still to cruise holding onto our two hands, but she has taken two steps.
- Investigating and exploring – everything from sippy cups to body parts.